Tuesday, August 14, 2012

23. Playing

Today, in Brussels, I went to the Museum of Play. The woman (in French, but I shall translate) told me that "There is no one way to go through the Museum. There is this floor and then two above it. Okay? Oh. You can play with all of the toys."

Best Museum EVER. Sometimes you just need to play! There was a huge train track, lots of rocking horses (and chickens. And crocodiles.), a marionette stage, two walk-in train cars...I was so overstimulated, but it was just what I needed after two days of hitting the pavement and the marble. My feet are sore...that coach had me spoiled.

My Brussels Museum credits include:
The National Botanical Gardens
The Royal Palace
The Former Palace of Brussels
The Museum of Musical Instruments
AutoWorld
Museum of Ancient Art
Centre for Fine Arts
Museum of Belgian Brewers (less museum, more drinking)
Charlier Museum
Cinquantenaire Museum (No, I did not make that one up...)

 Not too shabby!

Tomorrow I start my epic two-day trek home. I will try to remember to check-in to Chicago, but I might be overwhelmed with the awesome of the familiar. Unless otherwise noted, presume that I am alive and well. Mary is still with me, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment