Mother. Do not read this post.
I am sorry for the delay, my friends. I have been drinking. In Excess.
When in Munich we went to a beer hall. Actually, allow me to back up. When driving through the Austrian extension of the Alps, we apparently stopped at the filming site of the Sound of Music. Despite my best efforts, at some point within a 45 day tour, some of my tour mates discovered that I can sing in-tune. I blame the National Anthem. You see, back on George's Boat in Corfu, we all had to stand up and sing our national anthem. As there are 42 Australians on our tour, 4 Kiwis and 4 Americans, including our tour manager, I felt the need to represent by belting the tune. This came in handy, considering that Tour Manager Sam and I were the only ones that knew all of the words. Disgraceful!
In any event, I was bullied into singing something from The Sound of Music. In favor of the people that did not want to actually hear me sing and to appease those who did, I opted for this diddy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DuVfncOvvQ
So, yes. Applause.
Next we trekked to the Austrian Tyrol. Everyone else did massive amounts of adventure sports. but they did not offer kayaking, so I refrained. It was lovely, though. Don't get me wrong.
The drinking commenced the first night at the Tyrol. We had a tight white and bright party, or, as the Aussies called it "Fluro" bring short for fluorescent. So, that was loads of fun.
When in Munich, we went to a traditional beer hall. Good times commenced. Good times escalated when my new BFF Jack decided that he only likes drinks that begin with "J," predominantly Jack Daniels. So, after hastily finishing off my own allotted 1 liter of house beer, I was allocated his remaining 3/4 of a liter. I bought a liter of shandy to try it (it is summer!) and on the way out, I finished the beers of multiple boys, because, as we all know, good beer cannot go to waste. Never fear, dear friends! Ricky drove me home! I flove Ricky. He is a good driver.
So, when we got back to the hostel, I obviously drank more. Yumm.
The next morning, we headed for Leichtenstein. Lovely country. Fourth smallest in Europe.
We headed into Switzerland next. More drinking pursued. Yay! We stayed at a camp sight ear Luzerne. Considering that I thought that the Tyrol looked like Nick and Laura's cabin, I was blown away by how similar the valley of Luzerne was to Lucerne, MI. Just take away the mountains, and I could not tell the difference.
The next morning, we headed up Jungfrau mountain. I was originally not going to go. It was an expensive optional and, unlike the poor neglected Aussies, I have actually seen snow. Multiple times. Once we got about halfway, I could not fathom why I had considered not going. In case you were unaware, I love snow. A lot. I love snow so much that I cannot actually express in words other than "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" So, yes. Mountain. With an Ice Castle. And a peak. And Aussies freaking out about snow. And not knowing how to make snowballs. Or throw them. Adorable.
More later. I need to sleep. Drunken blogging is exhausting!
No comments:
Post a Comment