Monday, June 11, 2012

5. Birthday-ing

Okay, so "Birthday-ing" is not a word, but I have a theme going, so let's just chalk it up to creativity.

Today is Esau's birthday! For the majority of you who are not in the know, Esau is a college friend of my cousin (who I am staying with until I depart tomorrow). So, whilst Brian was at work being a productive member of society, Esau and I celebrated with a Birthday Liquid Lunch at The Globe. When we wandered in, England was playing France in the Euro Cup, so the place was packed. It was actually good timing, because apparently the game was disappointing and we got there just as it was ending, so the bar promptly cleared-out. Score. The game between Ukraine (who is co-hosting with Poland in Kiev) played Sweden was much more eventful. Ukraine won, which (sorry Erik the Swede) we decided was a good thing. As the hosts they should really get some national pride and win at least one game. I ordered an Oberon (so proud!) to have one last taste of G-Rap before globe trekking. When the waitress served it without an orange, I figured that she just didn't realize, so I asked for one. Apparently they were all out, but she offered me a lemon. I declined.

So we stumbled out of the pub 3 hours later, grabbed the bus back to Brian's apartment. We stopped to get some beer, V8, limes, and snacks on the way. Stop judging. Just wait for me to finish. You add some spices and you get a Chelada. Esau (who is Mexican so I feel that this is accurate and that I may repeat it) described it as a Mexican Bloody Mary. It was quite yummy.

Don't worry, Mom, I ate a delicious dinner comprised of real food. Of course, Brian and Esau didn't think that the food was spicy enough, so they asked for hot sauce. Between the two of them, they polished off an entire 8 ounce bottle in one sitting. I don't know if I am in awe or if I am completely disgusted. Let's go with both.

Also, Chicago is starting to get new trains for the EL. They are very nice. Like, VERY nice. EL trains of privilege. In the future I will only be riding on these new EL trains. Of course, by the time I get back they will likely be trashed again. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment