I have done my fair share of eating in the past few days. Parisian cafes are fantastic for sitting and munching and reading and watching. I am really glad that the last time I was in Paris it was off season.. Yes. It was incredibly cold but we could easily visit multiple attractions in one day without waiting in line. It was very nice.
I walked the Seine the first day here. It was lovely. Sunny and seventy two degrees. Sold. My stroll started by the Louvre and ended at...have you met me?...Notre Dame. Gorgeous. When John and I were there before the climb to the top was closed because of snow. Obviously I did that. The line was not too bad...about 45 minutes. You guys. It was a scary staircase. Like....the stairs are so worn and it is spial. But I made it.
I ate lunch in a cafe. Went to Shakespeare and Company. Of course. Great day.
Yesterday was rain on and off. Everyone else went to Versailles with the tour but I took the metro in and did Musee DOrsay and the Rodin museum.
I witnessed and accident. A tour bus hit a car during a left turn...the car lost the front bumper. No big deal. The bus drove away but I gave the plate to the police.
Now we are in Beaujolais. Wine region. Gorgeous house that Contiki owns. Gorgeous. I could retire here no problem.
Had chocolate mousse or dessert today. Yumm. The girl next to me is watching her figure s I got two. Squee.
Esau. We did introductions todat. Good times. Also. The tour manager makes people late for the bus sing on the mic to a song playing on their iPod. With their headphones in so none of us hear anything but the off key singing. Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment