Copenhagen is one of those cities where you simply do not know what to expect. It is clean, lovely, and tiny. When we got in, a few of us wandered toward the main river, where you can look at the boats. The river runs through most of town, winding its way like a boomerang, and it really felt more like a canal than a river.
Our tour manager, Mike, is English and really sarcastic. We get along fine. Some of us started in Berlin and others in Copenhagen. The bus ride from Berlin involved a ferry. Yes. Somehow I ended up on the back of the bus and the roudy crew adopted me. They are some fun loving Aussies, and I was surprised but pleased that the average age on this tour seems to be about 26, as opposed to the annoying 19-20 crowd.
We met up for pre gaming in the hotel bar and commenced taking turns buying beer towers. And then we met the new recruits. Alcohol is really expensive already, so I am terrified to see the prices in Norway. Hence, when we went out after dinner, we were drawn places with equivalent of $20 for 10 Jagger bombs. It was a good job making fast friends with the backseat bandits, because they kept me well in supply. And then we danced.
Mommy, you might not like this story:
About 30 minutes into the first bar, Sam came racing out to the patio, saying "Guys, someone is puking their guys out in the urinal. I think they are dying. I think they are on our tour." And then we made him go investigate further. Turns out, he was on our tour and was laying face down in the urinal, puking like it was his job. So we started calling him "spewy" and as we were already teasing sometime for sleeping the whole way on the coach, the seven dwarves were formed. We have Goodey, Sleepy, Spewy, Sloppy, Slappy, Slippy, and Just Karen. Which is now what everyone calls me.
Next morning, bright and early, Carlsburg brewery! We each got two drink tickets, but some of the girls didn't want both, so 4 beers later...and then I went to the art museum. And then I went to lunch with a small group and...paid $20 for a plate of potatoes that had been cooked, sliced and served cold. But, they had beer. They had all Danish beers except one: Founders Pale Ale. I flipped my shit.
And then I had cocktails for dinner. Good. Day.
Safe to say that we had a great time bonding. This will be a good trip...no, amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment