For those of you who need a picture stimulus (as I am now blogging from the comfort of my home computer, I can do that!) this is a photo post!!!!!!
Here I am on the MeKong Delta, enjoying a traditional hat and ride:
At the American War Museum with my favorite Vietnamese local guide, Prince Ken! Fun fact: In Vietnam they call it the American War, not the Vietnam War. And this museum is not entirely historically accurate. But what do I know? I'm just an American.
After Ho Chi Minh city, we headed to Nha Trang, where we enjoyed a lovely Mud Bath.
Nha Trang is a major beach town, so we went snorkeling.
There were, of course, some awesome restaurants right on the beach. And Jam Jars. Here I am on the beach with a Jam jar in hand. I mixed vodka, pineapple, sprite. Yumm.
After Nha trang, we headed to Hoi An, a quaint town with a lovely river. It is small, even by US standards, easily explored by bicycle. Hoi An is also notorious for tailor made clothing. So I bought a suit. A four piece suit. Hee. With a vest and a jacket and the option of skirt or pants. I love it. And I had a little black dress tailor made. I love it and (spoiler alert!) received many compliments on it in Adelaide. But let me tell you: tailor made stuff is awesome, but kind of over whelming. I mean, all the fabrics and magazine clippings and options and people and patterns. And then you have to go to all the fittings...and you're bloated form the heat and the beer. But I love my suit and I FLOVE my dress. Fittings totally worth it.
Here I am at lunch with Tam and Kelly!
And here I am looking out from the famous Japanese Friendship bridge.
And a dragon breathing fire. I mean, the sunset.
It was just so pretty!
We took a bit of a drive to see the My Son Temples. They are lovely. Of course, the guide kept guilting us by saying "There is a crater from an Australian Bomb from the War." and "There is a bomb from the Canadians." It's not our fault the Viet Cong hid in the temple ruins. Just saying. but! They were still really cool!
Next we headed for Hue, the old Imperial City. Complete with traditional bike ride!
The Imperial City!
And my new pet dragon!
And who doesn't love a good pagoda! Steph and I are rocking the selfie!
No comments:
Post a Comment