Grecians are crazy. You would think that 3,000 years would be enough to work through some major issues, but let me tell you: not the case. When we got off the ferry in the Greek Islands, we used the passenger exit. This is the same exit that the cars and trucks use. Imagine my surprise when I was trapped between a semi and a truck with no place to go. May I please escape the ferry alive? I need to go to Egypt!
Obviously I made it out alive, but the same thing happened on our second ferry exit. Ugh. Also crazy: the EU made them install traffic lights a while back. They complied begrudgingly, but run them all on blinking yellow. Simultaneously genius and terrifying.
When we got into the hotel, I about died of gorgeous overload. We hung out by the pool, ate, swam some more, and then had a Toga party. Yes. It was great fun until girls from other tours started wandering around completely drunk in their underwear. Who knew that wearing a sheet got you so hot?
We had a lovely day boating yesterday. George, the crazy owner, is crazy. And fun. As we set out, he asked if we wanted to hear his favorite song. Obviously. He proceeded to blast "I'm on a boat." Hilarious. We had a nice sunny day and clear waters. We were swimming out to a pontoon when one of the boys said "I wonder. Are there sharks here?" I launched into an entire explanation about shark habitats and types and primary reasons for attacking humans. And how you should never swim with a dog. Ever. One of the guys just stared at me. Another asked "How much shark week do you watch?" None. I read it in a book. Thank you BABC!!
After not being attacked by sharks, we chilled some more. My hair felt gross after all of that salt water swimming. We had a traditional Greek dinner and watched some traditional Greek dances. Yes. Including Zorba the Greek. Now I'm on a boat ferrying to mainland.
No comments:
Post a Comment